Sunday, April 24, 2011

Most of my week's Shopping

So it looks like I was able to get most of my week's shopping done today, except for Target because it was closed (but I'm not sure I'm getting anything there, so its all good).

Out of pocket (OOP) today I spent: $16.88

I got a total of 1 Walgreens (WAG) rewards and 3 Rite Aid +UP rewards to total: $19

So this means I made $2.15 to spend later on merchandise or food that I would not have had before.

I went to four stores: Safeway, Walgreen's, Albertsons, and Rite Aid.

Here is how I did it:

Safeway:

I purchased:
- 4 Nivea Lip Care products on sale for $.99 each (regularly 2.99 each!)

I used:
- $2/2 printable coupon from coupons.com (It's under personal care)

Safeway doesn't give the overage but they still ended up being FREE, nothing OOP!
  
Walgreens:

I purchased:
-1 pair of flip flops $2.99 (a cheap pair and not on sale, but I needed a pair)
-4 boxes of Splenda Sweetener on sale for $2.99 (regularly $5.49)

Now, Walgreen's coupon policy says they DO NOT give overage for coupons, they only give you the price of the item if the coupon is worth more, but sometimes the Cashiers decide to give it to you. I don't know if this is lack of training, laziness, niceness, or what, but when they do it, I just smile and say thank you.

I used:
-4 $3/1 coupons from 4/17 Smart Source (SS) insert (I only needed to buy 3 for the deal, but oh well)

I paid:
$2.95 for the flip flops ($2.99 - the $.04 overage) but really made $1.05. I would have gotten the flip flops for free truely if i had done them in a second transaction with the reward, but oh well. Live and learn! 


I received:  
-1 $4 off my next purchase WAG reward for buying 3 Splenda products (an unadvertised deal)
 

Albertsons:

I purchased:
-4 Skinny Cow Individual Ice cream cartons on sale for $1.25

I used:
-4 $1 off ANY Skinny Cow coupon

I paid:
$1.00 OOP! That's $.025 each!

 Rite Aid:

I Purchased:
-2 Arm & Hammer Spinbrush Pro $8.99 each, B1G1 Free
-2 2 count Arm & Hammer Spinbrush Pro Refills 8.99 each, B1G1 Free
-4 Baby Oragel 6.99 each, B1G1 Free (I know what your thinking, I don't have kids. I am donating these).

I Used:
- 2 Save $2.00 off any ONE ARM & HAMMER® Spinbrush® Powered Toothbrush or Refill  for the refills
- 2 $2/1 Spinbrush Printable
- 4 $1/1 any Orajel product coupon from 3/13 SS OR $1 off Printable (You would need 2 computers or the ads for this part)
- A $5 +UP reward I had gotten previously
- A $2 +UP reward I had gotten previously

I Paid:
$12.96 OOP

I Received:
3 $5 +UP rewards for purchasing (before my coupons) $30 of oral care products. $5 for each $10 worth up to $40 for customer.

This means that I made $2.04 to spend on a future order. My receipt also had a do the survey and get $3 off a $15 purchase.


I should also be making some more money with nothing or almost nothing OOP this week, but we will see and I will let you all know!

No comments:

Post a Comment